Warm up as the cold weather hits, with this fiery lotus root recipe from Chilli Fagara. Serves 1-2 as a side.
Get more healthy cooking ideas in our Recipe Section!
- 1 lotus root
- 5 grams garlic (approx. 1 clove)
- 5 grams ginger (approx. 1 tbsp)
- 5g chilli sauce (or use finely chopped dried red chillies or chilli oil)
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp Sichuan peppercorn oil
- 1 tsp chilli oil for garnish (optional)
- Roasted white sesame seeds or spring onion for garnish (optional)
- Peel the skin and thinly slice the lotus root.
- Blanch and set aside.
- Stir fry garlic, ginger and chilli in a pan to make a sauce.
- Toss the lotus root with this sauce.
- Top the dish with a drizzle of chilli oil and sprinkle with roasted white sesame seeds or spring onion.
Pro tip: Pair with quinoa and steamed greens for a complete plant-based meal option.