This flourless chocolate brownie recipe from Charissa and Co uses vegan protein powder for a heartier, more filling sweet treat, plus nutrient-dense whole foods like pumpkin puree and nut butters.
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder (this recipe uses NuZest Clean Lean Protein)
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup smooth, runny hazelnut or almond butter (microwave for a few seconds if not runny enough)
- 1/2 cup raw dark cacao powder
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup dehydrated cranberries
- 2 tbsps Manuka honey (optional)
White chocolate drizzle
- 1/3 cup of melted cacao butter
- 2 tbsp cashew nut butter
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1-2 tsp Erythritol, or sweetener of choice
- Preheat your oven to 180C. Grease a square pan with coconut oil and line with parchment paper.
- In a large blender, mix all the brownie ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour the brownie mix in to the pan and allow to bake in the oven for 20minutes.
- While the brownie base is baking you can make your chocolate drizzle. Melt the cacao at a low temperature and slowly add the other ingredients and mix until smooth.
- As the brownies come out of the oven, allow them to cool on a rack and drizzle the chocolate over it.
- Put in the fridge to set.
Pro tip: Want a fudgier brownie? Leave them in the fridge until the next day. Leftover brownies are easily stored in a sealed container within the fridge for a week.
Find more healthy recipes in our Recipe section here!