Sure, granola with fruit and yoghurt is nice…but have you ever tried making granola bars instead? These peanut butter-coated treats from local granola brand Pura Vida (IG: @puravidahkg) are full of fiber and healthy fats, and only require four ingredients to pull together. Simples!
- 150g granola (any flavour works, but we like Pura Vida’s Ginger Spiced Granola)
- 80g chocolate
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp agave or maple syrup
- Add granola to a medium-sized bowl, followed by peanut butter and agave or maple syrup. The mixture should be sticky but not so wet it falls apart.
- After mixing, press the mixture firmly onto greaseproof paper and freeze for 5 minutes.
- While mixture freezes, melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pot of hot water or in the microwave. Once fully melted, drizzle over the frozen granola, and garnish with topping of choice, such as nuts, raisins or seeds.
- Freeze again for another 20 minutes, then cut into pieces.