Try this innovative mash-up of melons and tomatoes, for a savoury healthy watermelon gazpacho recipe that’s packed with nutritional goodness. There’s literally no better time of the year to get into cold soups than the height of summer, right?
- 1/2 fresh watermelon
- 2 large tomatoes, cored and cut in half
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored
- 1/2 shallot, peeled
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 65g fresh mint leaves
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
1. Add all the ingredients except for the olive oil and garnish into a blender. Blend to your preferred consistency.
2. Slowly stream in the oil and pulse.
3. Pour the mixture into a fine strainer with a jar below to collect the liquid. Cover with cling film, and place liquid in the fridge for at least 3-4 hours.
4. Fifteen minutes before serving, arrange small cubes of watermelon and cucumber in a bowl. Pour the chilled liquid into the bowl. Enjoy!
*Pro tip: Garnish the watermelon gazpacho with some fresh green kumquat if you’re feeling adventurous!
Get more healthy recipe ideas from our Recipe section!