Made in one pot in less than 30 minutes, this easy vegan chili makes for a comforting weeknight meal in the dead of winter. From eco-warrior Laura Williamson, also a lifestyle blogger at Days Like Laura and the founder of green-chic online shop PlantDays. Serves 4.
1 ¾ cup water
1 large onion diced
1 clove garlic minced
1 can black beans
1 can chickpeas
1 can kidney beans
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp coconut sugar
salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat ¼ cup water over medium heat.
- Add onion and saute for 7 minutes.
- Add garlic, chili powder, and coconut sugar and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, and 1½ cups water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover the pot with lid slightly cracked. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir occasionally, taste, and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve with steamed rice or roasted veggies.
*Pro tip! Store leftovers in the fridge for 5-6 days!*
For more healthy recipes, visit our Recipe section.