(Makes one serving)
In addition to being high in protein, this delicious hummus recipe also contains a serving of veg in the form of cauliflower, the “it” superfood of the moment.
- 1-kilo cauliflower
- 6 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp madras curry powder
- 4 tsp tahini
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 5 turns of black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Spread the cauliflower on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast for 40 minutes, stirring once or twice, until tender & lightly browned in spots. Allow to cool slightly.
- Set one-third of the smallest cauliflower pieces aside. Chop off the stems and keep only the florets.
- Combine cauliflower, garlic, tahini, lemon juice and olive oil in a blender. Process until smooth.
- Mix the florets into the hummus and season to taste.