Made up of 92 percent water, is there anything quite as hydrating as watermelon? This super-simple watermelon feta salad by Leaves & Liberty (the meat-free sister concept to Beef & Liberty) is easy to throw together and oh-so-delicious to eat, especially at the height of summer.
Time: 10 minutes
- ⅔ cup watermelon
- ½ cup rocket leaves
- ⅓ cup feta cheese
- 3 mint leaves
- sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- 1 lemon (for zest)
- olive oil
- balsamic glaze
- Dice watermelon into 3cm cubes.
- Take 4 pieces and place on char grill. Char each side for around 1 minute.
- Stack the grilled watermelon into a bowl, placing the rocket leaves around and on top of the melon.
- Tear the fresh mint leaves and add to the rocket.
- Gently crumble the feta over the top.
- Add salt, freshly cracked pepper, and about ⅕ of the zest of a lemon.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic glaze. Enjoy!
*Pro tip: Leftover watermelon and mint from this one? Muddle together with some rum for a cheeky watermelon mojito!
Find more healthy recipes in our Recipe section.